Alden, Oklahoma located nine miles south and one mile east of Lathram now Carnegie, Oklahoma. Samuel and Jennie Carpenter came to Oklahoma from Missouri in 1901. Samuel and Jennie Carpenter built a store on their location. Jennie applied to Washington for a post office. She gave it the name of her son Alden. In 1901 Washington approved the post office and gave it the name Alden. Alden had a post office from 1901 to 1929. Jennie Carpenter was the first post master of Alden. Samuel and Jennie Carpenter donated land in 1908 for a new church and cemetery which is the present cemetery.