This site is dedicated to providing information about the history of Alden, Oklahoma which is located 9 miles south of Carnegie, Oklahoma.
“This site is not affiliated with the care, maintenance or otherwise of the cemetery itself. We are only interested in and provide information about the area and people there interred.”
Samuel and Jennie Carpenter came to Oklahoma from Missouri in 1901. Samuel and Jennie Carpenter built a store on their location. Jennie applied to Washington for a post office. She gave it the name of her son Alden. In 1901 Washington approved the post office and gave it the name Alden. Alden had a post office from 1901 to 1928. Jennie Carpenter was the first post master of Alden. Samuel and Jennie Carpenter donated land in 1908 for a new church and cemetery which is the present cemetery.
The information provided here is based on personal research which may include interviews with families or friends from Alden. It may not agree with information from other sources and is not intended to be complete or guaranteed accurate.
The information contained on this site may not be copied, reproduced or used on other websites without permission from the site owner. You may link to this site and give credit to Eddie Winnard, Apache, OK.